NHTC Haunted Trail Challenge 2022
The NHTC Haunted Trail Challenge is back!
The Haunted Trail Challenge will be held Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Branched Oak Lake near Raymond. This one day event will include a Trail Challenge and Scavenger Hunt as usual, but may look a little different than we have done before! We have to shake things up a bit!
Check in from 8 - 9:00 AM on Saturday morning. See schedule on sidebar of this page.
Online entry required. See registration information on this page.
THE TRAIL CHALLENGE RETURNS
The Haunted Trail Challenge is just another scary day at this popular lake. You will ride through the obstacles before hitting the trail! And then follow a map for the Scavenger Hunt. (Since the Trail Challenge will be held before hitting the trails, it is possible for a rider to enter 2 horses in the Trail Challenge.)
SPECIAL PRIZES FOR THOSE WHO COME IN COSTUME!
And what is more fun that WEARING HALLOWEEN COSTUMES! Yes, we will have a costume contest. Riders and their horses - use your imagination and enter the costume contest (optional). Fun prizes and pictures of you and your horse.
The entry fee for this all-day event includes the ride Trail Challenge, the Scavenger Hunt and a meal following the ride.
While this ride brings out the best of the best competitive Trail Challenge participants, it is enjoyed by casual trail riders as well. You spoke and we listened! This year, we will be offering the following classes:
OPEN CLASS: Riders who compete in the Trail Rider Challenge or other trail challenge events, sponsored or non-sponsored. This class is based on YOUR experience, not your horse's. So regardless if you are on a young or seasoned horse, if you are a regular competitor, please enter this class. This includes experienced Junior riders. Points will be provided to Trail Rider Challenge participants.
AMATEUR ADULT: For the casual rider who rarely competes in the Trail Rider Challenge or other trail challenge events, sponsored or non-sponsored, virtual or live. Rarely is defined as entering less than 3 trail challenge events per year. Your entry is based on the honor system and your integrity is worth more than a ribbon!
AMATEUR JUNIOR: Up to Age 16. For the casual Junior rider who rarely competes in the Trail Rider Challenge or other trail challenge events, sponsored or non-sponsored, virtual or live. Rarely is defined as entering less than 3 trail challenge events per year. Your entry is based on the honor system and your integrity is worth more than a ribbon!
RIDE ALONG: For the non-competitor who wants to share the trail with friends but wants nothing to do with competition. Ride Alongs must be on their on horse (no ponying or riding double). You may participate in the Scavenger Hunt and enjoy a meal following the ride. "Trying" the obstacles will not be permitted. Price is the same as we will need to cover every rider on our ride under our insurance.
VOLUNTEERS are needed to make this event happen. Please consider joining us at this event. More info here.....
REGISTER ONLINE - EARLY BIRD ENTRY FEE IS $40
****** Follow Link below for Registration*****
NOTE: If you do not pre-register, walk-up day of ride is $75 and must register between 8:00 - 8:45 AM. Walk-ups are not guaranteed meals.
ENTRY INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. $40 entry fee must be received by October 27. (Walk ups day of event is $75.)
2. Entry fees are non-refundable and considered a donation to our organization. If NHTC cancels event, we will provide a refunds for your entry fee. If you ordered a tee shirt and the order has been processed, we will mail to your address.
3. COVID19 If the Governor of Nebraska has issued new guidelines or restrictions due to the Covid pandemic which would disqualify this event under his guidelines, or require masks or other precautions, we will follow the guidelines. See #2 if we are forced to cancel. In addition, signing the entry form is acknowledgement and agreement to our liability waiver. For more info on COVID concerns.....
4. No riding double or ponying another horse.
5. ALL Riders, including Juniors and Ride Alongs, must be able to independently ride a horse & follow judge's instructions.
6. All riders participating with the Trail Challenge must be paid entrants and in one of the CLASSES shown above.
7. No dogs on the trail and dogs must be leashed in camp.
8. Clean up manure in your corral, campsite, or beside your trailer.
9. HAVE FUN! This is not an Olympic event! Its for spending time with your friends, your horse and getting to know the NHTC and our events!